gen 6 cabin air filter - also...damp footwell

Does the gen 6 have one of these? I was reading a bit about the 7's and noticed they do.

Also, very rarely...I get a damp drivers footwell. When I pulled the carpet back to install my audio, I noticed a circular rubber thing in the drivers footwell, it span loose..couldn't prize it up with my fingers though, but there was a bit of play. And if my memory serves me correctly...there might of been a hole (NOT rust related!) approximately below the accelerator pedal (again this was with the carpet back)is this meant to be there? I'll try and get photos tomorrow if I can after work if nobody has a clue what I'm on about with the hole!

I'm wondering if either one of those would be letting water in? And I also noticed what looked like a drain pipe down the sill of the drivers side, is this a sunroof drain and what's the best way to undo it and give it a clean out?

Sorry for the epic questionnaire!

No there is no cabin filter fitted as stock. As for the damp patch - if you pull back the drivers wheel arch liner you will see a big hole with a gromit in it for the harness. Yours may have fallen out slightly. There is also another smaller gromit above the clutch pedal. Check both of these.

the grommet breaksdown over time, its about the size of a £2 coin, put another grommet in and put some sealant over it. mine did the same and caused some very misty windows in the winter!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.