Edinburgh Area

I visited a new wheel refurb business in Edinburgh tonight. They expect to open mid April.

Going to get one wheel done by them to see what they are like.

I suggested we might have a meet at their new premises and they could supply the coffees. The owner thought that a good idea.

304e2205.jpg

Another new service is buckled wheel repair at Redpath Tyres in Haddington. They have installed a new machine. Just had one done today. Tyre off, buckle removed, tyre back on, fully balanced -£18.00

Two of my fondmetals have buckled :( I need to get them straightened out. One is very very slightly and the other ir noticeable. Is it a good idea to unbuckle alloys or should just new ones be bought?

cheers

Two of my fondmetals have buckled :( I need to get them straightened out. One is very very slightly and the other ir noticeable. Is it a good idea to unbuckle alloys or should just new ones be bought?

cheers

I've been getting my wheels unbuckled for a long time now. Have always used WRC in the past with excellent results. I think it is important to have them done by people who know what they are doing. The one I just had done at the local outlet was noticably buckled. Will try it after my hols to see what it is like now.

Sounds like a good place for a meet, maybe get some ccuk discount. I've just requested a quote for my standard alloys to be refurbed so shall see what kind of price they get back to me with. I was planing on doing them myself but if the price is good i might get it done professionally

Sounds like a good place for a meet, maybe get some ccuk discount. I've just requested a quote for my standard alloys to be refurbed so shall see what kind of price they get back to me with. I was planing on doing them myself but if the price is good i might get it done professionally

£55 for my 17'' .

I've heard from WRS that they will contact everyone who has asked for quotations soon when the new unit is fully open. They have also told me that they would be happy to host a celica meet at the new premises on a sat or sun morning for a couple of hours. I'm on Madeira till end of week but we can sort something out later.

I drove past their new workshop today. I also received a quote for 4 standard gen 7 alloys in silver and got quoted £60 a wheel. Im sure there can be some discount from that but bit too much for me, out with the rattle cans instead i think haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.