Silver c/f wrapped kickplates

Gen6GT

Rich, from Wrappers D-lite has done a brilliant job of wrapping the kickplates for my Gen 6 Vert in silver c/f. See pics below, enlarge to get the best view.

I'm thinking of buying some red lettering to spell "CELICA" and sticking it on the top of the kickp[late... can c/f wrapping be varnished or sealed with a clear coat to keep the lettering unscuffed?

Meanwhile I'm dead chuffed with the result - thanks, Rich :)

post-26736-0-99474700-1301422279_thumb.jpg

post-26736-0-63102200-1301422420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gen6GT

Glad you like them mate, they do match really well with the silver of the car though

Do you mind if i take a copy of the photos to put up in my corp section and on Facebook?

EDIT: As for lacquering, if you want i can send you an offcut that you can stick on something and then have a go with lacquer to see how it goes

Looks nice Rich B)

I imagine the lacquer would naff up the vinyl wrap to be honest......I'm sure it will make it shrivel up (kinda melt) if you know what i mean..

But i suppose you can test it for nawt..

I have lacquered the vinyl before and it works well (no shrivelling) but that was the black carbon vinyl, but it does change the look of the vinyl slightly (not any better or any worse, just different, it's hard to explain), but that might now show as much with the silver version

What someone did mention was to try clear enamel lacquer, but i am yet to have a go with some yet

Glad you like them mate, they do match really well with the silver of the car though

Do you mind if i take a copy of the photos to put up in my corp section and on Facebook?

EDIT: As for lacquering, if you want i can send you an offcut that you can stick on something and then have a go with lacquer to see how it goes

If you like I'll email you the four full-size pics I took, and you're welcome to use them anywhere. The ones here are resized.

If you have a moment it would be nice to have an offcut to play with. I quite like the idea of some extra detailing for these plates. Meantime I'm looking at what else I can get wrapped - quite like the idea of the centre conmsole and all the other interior gubbins, but I might go for straight c/f wrapping for those.

Yeah, if you can send the full size photos that would be great, if you want you can email them to rpsmith1979@gmail.com

I'll get you an off cut tonight and stick it in the post for you so you can have a play with it

Done... pics sent. Use them however you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.