Bucket Seat subframes

Hi all,

I've got a set of Corbeau bucket seats and my original plan was to custom build some runners / subframe mounts to fit them, however I'm being lazy and trying to get them fitted fairly quickly.

I've found a load of places online that do Cobra subframes for specific cars, however I can only find subframes for the ST205. Does anyone know if the mounts are the same to fit into an ST202?

ST205 ones here

If not, can I get them or is custom making my only option?

Cheers

I'm in a similar situation with a pair of Cobra seats in my possession but Cobra only make mounts for the ST205 and not the Gen7 Celica at all. I've sent them an E-Mail (cobra that is) to ask what options there are and I'll see what they come back with, otherwise it might be a case of trying one of the universal sub-frames that I've seen on fleabay... :(

Let us know if you have any other ideas :thumbs:

ST202 and ST205 front seat are Definately the same mounting. I personally swapped a set of seats out of a 1.8 and fitted them into a GT4 st205 a couple of years ago.

The rear bench seat is slightly different as the st202 has more foam underneath it to accomodate the different floor plan with the diff tunnel etc.. ( This is no problem with regards the subframes though)

So the frames in the link will fit a GT fine. Trust me ;)

ST202 and ST205 front seat are Definately the same mounting. I personally swapped a set of seats out of a 1.8 and fitted them into a GT4 st205 a couple of years ago.

The rear bench seat is slightly different as the st202 has more foam underneath it to accomodate the different floor plan with the diff tunnel etc.. ( This is no problem with regards the subframes though)

So the frames in the link will fit a GT fine. Trust me ;)

Awesome thanks for that! I've ordered one to see how they're going to fit before I order the passenger side.

The subframes / seats may still need some modding as I've bought Cobra subframes and have Corbeau seats, but the Corbeau Subframes were double the price!!

No need to worry about the back seats, I don't have any anymore :P

Yes as been said the 202 and 205 use same front seat subframes.

The cobras will work but i hope your not really tall or have sunroof as you might be sat really high.

Also the cobra frames are not fantastic and dont come with seat belt fixings.

I bought a set for £80 2nd hand and had to modify them to fit my recaros i had in my old GT4.

Money no object the Bride super low seat frames are best.

Also a seller on Ebay called NZKW sells superb bride replica frames - a bit too late for you now but others might benefit from this info

Yes as been said the 202 and 205 use same front seat subframes.

The cobras will work but i hope your not really tall or have sunroof as you might be sat really high.

Also the cobra frames are not fantastic and dont come with seat belt fixings.

I bought a set for £80 2nd hand and had to modify them to fit my recaros i had in my old GT4.

Money no object the Bride super low seat frames are best.

Also a seller on Ebay called NZKW sells superb bride replica frames - a bit too late for you now but others might benefit from this info

Well will give the Cobras a go at least. If they're too high I will try and source something different, hence why I only bought one as a trial. They're supposed to be "Tailor made to the specific car" but we'll see.

Seat belt mounts are no issue as I've got harnesses fitted.

Edited by Andy-nbr

I've got cobra subframes and they do sit very high! I just hacked em up a bit and they're fine! The only thing is it makes getting to the adjusting arm for the runners, ie foward and backward movement a bit of a bitch!

Ok well update:

I won't be buying the Cobra frames any more. They've just mailed me informing the price of the Subframes has now gone up from the advertised £60, to £97! What a joke!

So now back on the look out for some direct fit subframes that don't cost the earth...

... Ah, but have you any idea if they'd fit a Gen7? lol :P

I know guys have fitted Gen7 seats in a Gen6, surely the reverse would be doable too?

but we weld the gen 7 seat onto the gen 6 seat subframe if im not mistaken

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.