oil change

londonlee

It's there, cant miss it, a big Bolt on the sump, might have to take of some under tray, loosen, bucket, take off, drop in bucket full of oil, remove oil cap from under engine bay, wait till empty, remove filter, replace filter, fart around looking for sump plug in 4/5ltrs of hot oil, pop back in, fill with oil...... ;)

useing a flush? I buy 5ltrs of cheap oil and run for 10 mins with the old filter in, then put the good stuff in

Edited by bigstring

Cheers fellas I'm going to try and do it the weekend me poor cars so ratlley at the moment really needs it. And yep using engine flush got some castrol magnitec if that's how you spell it lol what do you's use to catch the oil I used a sink basin and I got covered in the ficking hot oil lol

What ever is about, over a drain is easy enough (haha, joke) I did have an oil bucket, but the Mrs use's it for poo picking :o

I just go to asda and get the black bucket for 99p, Seem to have about 10 now? also you can poor back in to the tub with the spout bit that does not work.

Ha ha pikey over the drain it is tempting lol. Yer that's not a bad idea a quid for a bucket can't go rong I'll grab one of them I always find the problem is getting the bucket under the motor with out jacking it to high that all the oil won't flow out

Its an easy job, but can be a messy one.

Removing the old filter can be a little tricky, so I would advise you get a chain wrench.

The old one on mine seized, and it was only a chain wrench that could budge it.

I replaced the filter with a TRD one, which has a nut on the end to make this a lot easier next time around.

If you dont fancy doing it yourself its worth considering supplying your own oil and filter and getting local garage to do it. I wouldnt think they charge too much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.