Celica FT-86

I have just climaxed over the Celica FT-86. If they produce it next year, the other half is getting me one.What a stunning car, true to form Toyota/Subaru have come up with a winner. I think the classic statement from the press was''since the demise of the Celica, Toyota have been boring''. What do you think? :P

its ok, your about the 3rd/4th person recently to start a new thread when there is a nice 16 page thread on it, 1st post you come to on GD

Maybe because it doesn't have FT86 in the title?

Anyway I don't have time to trawl through 2+ years of waffle to find what little I don't know already! What's wrong with new threads?

and yes, jokiemay is right, it isn't a celica, just the natural successor. Looks gorgeous and should be fun drive, rwd lsd manual, the way it should be.

Last I heard it won't be out till 2013 tho, prob cos T want everything perfect to restore their image after all the recalls.

Apparently the design team chose the engine for its low c of g and bonnet line.... and probably because it was loads cheaper than developing a new one?

Puts me off a bit, but should be torquey and plenty of tuning options already!

Iv had it confirmed to me that is model will be released next year, 2012, deposits taken in January ready for a march launch, sub £30,000

I WILL be buying one, for sure. Every single bell and whistle available on the list. Cant fuckin wait!

bottom pic real , top pic a photoshop of the bottom picture , id go with the real pic , the speculations bad enough without some random person deciding what subaru would create

Well i can see that, but i have seen pics of what the subaru one looks like and the front end does look more rounded, not pointy between the lights and such gawping mouth, but hey, its a toyota, and i would like to stay faitfull if possible! And no doubt the final production model will be slightly different anyway!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.