Live sound speakers

mill5y

Right, I thought that live sound was a nice option and not found on all celicas? I pulled this out of the rear of the blue celica

IMAG0868.jpg

I prised my quarter panel back abit and mine looks the same so do all gen5s have live sound rear speakers???

Is it just the door speaker option that is special???

I was gonna whip em on ebay as a upgrade/ rare item but if they all have it :blush:

Briano - it's not a particularly heavy thing, being all plastic.

And yes, the LiveSound amp was under the passenger seat. It has its own loom that goes up the centre tunnel to the back of the radio. Getting the amp without this loom is a waste of time, cos you'll never get it connected! :lol: I used an aftermarket amp and wired direct to the door speakers via the connector blocks in each footwell.

A full Livesound system had the amp, door woofers and rear tweeters at the corners above the back seat (regular cars had little fake grille things there) in addition to the regular 6 speakers (dash, back seat, mirror tweeters). All wiring is in place for the extra speakers whether the car had them or not. The rear tweeters take a feed from the rear seat speakers, and its way easier to get a set of original ones because they utilise a strange little bracket to fit properly. I eventually disconnected them cos they annoyed my happiness.

Angus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.