whats needed to import from eire ?

spotted a car i would happly buy if it were in front of me , however such is life and the bastards in ireland , and so if i were to be daft enough to get on a plane and go get it i could do with some advise on importing

now ive registered bikes before , its get the certificate of manufactor off the maker , run off for an mot , take the bike and paperwork in the middle of the bastard night to edward st birmingham and wait 5 hrs for them to get there shit together to come inspact , pay for tax and registration and your away

however this is from eire , it will have had tax paid from country of source but how does this impact in the uk , will i be faced with being taken up the shitter for tax and vat ?

its registered and being used in eire , now as i understand it i will have a grace period of 6 months before needing to finalise the legal requirements of being tax and tasted and registered , is this correct ?

will i get any issues of the nazis ( uk customs ) on entry going out on a plane and coming back in a car ?

anyone brought a car from ireland even ?

anything else i should know

Happens quite often with people living in N.Ireland and I'm pretty sure that the rules that apply to us are the same as in the rest of the UK, obviously you will have to tax the car, there is also a registration fee which I think is about £55 (that's not bad when you see what the poor sods get charged in Eire for importing from the UK which is total rape). If I can be of any help at all Izzy give me a shout, not that I would recommend buying a car without seeing it but if you were happy enough to purchase and wanted it transported and put on a boat I'm sure I could help you out, I have a huge amount of friends in Southern Ireland who are members of CelicaIreland, I would say getting this delivered and put on a ferry for you wouldn't be a problem.

I would try using the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin and then a hire car which can be left near to your destination, providing the hire company has a depot in that area. Or, if you don't mind hitching a lift with a trucker, you will find plenty of professional drivers delivering to the south. Of course, if it's cheaper to fly than drive then the choice is clear.

I found this on the HMRC site. Bringing means of transport which are not new to the UK.

:)

Edited by Toy'Boy

Can't see that sig lasting long, Toy'boy. :)

Can you just stick a car on a ferry and leave it there? Wouldn't there have to be somebody accompanying it? Mind you, it'd be a nice day out for someone. :P

Angus

Happens quite often with people living in N.Ireland and I'm pretty sure that the rules that apply to us are the same as in the rest of the UK, obviously you will have to tax the car, there is also a registration fee which I think is about £55 (that's not bad when you see what the poor sods get charged in Eire for importing from the UK which is total rape). If I can be of any help at all Izzy give me a shout, not that I would recommend buying a car without seeing it but if you were happy enough to purchase and wanted it transported and put on a boat I'm sure I could help you out, I have a huge amount of friends in Southern Ireland who are members of CelicaIreland, I would say getting this delivered and put on a ferry for you wouldn't be a problem.

mucho appriciated

the plan would be to fly over from birmingham airport ( cheap flights and 20 mile from here ) then train it to his home , complain about the colour of the tyres and try to get a few quid knocked off , pay the man then drive it back , milage should be just over a couple of hundred miles or so , once back mot the dam thing then go down the route of registering it here , that the plan or half a plan anyway

Full.jpg

full3.jpgfull5.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.