Help and advice needed please

Lee-anne

Well i've got a Gen 6 and love it to bits so will NOT be selling it.....but now im nearly 4 months pregnant and having to start thinking about practical things......i.e baby seat.

I bought 1 thinking it looked nice and small, will fit in the back no problems.....nope!!

Does anyone know of a make or shop where i can buy a baby seat that is kind of designed for the seats in my car? I am determined that im not selling my baby (the car) over a car seat lol.

Please help as im starting to think it may need to be a cheap runaround for having a baby seat and Celica at shows only, but i don't wanna do that.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I had the Maxi-Cosi car seat that is part of the Quinny Buzz travel system of 2008. It fitted into the back seats of the Gen6 but the seat belt was at maximum extent so the head was raised a bit more than in my wife's Rover. The base is narrow so fitted in the seats. This wasn't the ISO model.

For when the child is about 1 onwards I have this one in the back of my car:

Recaro Young Sport mircofibre - Black / Aquavit

http://www.prams-pushchairs.co.uk/recaro-y...avit-p-628.html

There is a range of colours available for this model. It fits very well as the base is narrow so is snug in the gen6 high sided rear seats. The seat belt holds it in place, it's not an ISO. Halfords do this range also, not sure who's doing the best price currently.

My only niggle is that the Recaro seat doesn't recline as much as my wife's Maxi-Cosi. I tested the fit of that one in my car and it was such a wide boy. One side was always higher than the other so no good. With the Recaro fully reclined, my 2 year old girl can just about touch the back of the passenger seat when in the fully forward position.

It's a lovely looking seat, soft touch, comfortable for little one. She can quite easily fall asleep in it :) It should last a long time as it's up to 11 years.

Hope the info helps now and later on. Feel free to ask any questions :lol:

Oooh great thanks, Well i went on ebay and found 1 near new for £20 so bought it lol. If it doesnt fit i can resell afterall only £20, when i looked at the addy to go and collect.......its about 11 doors away from my house lol. So will go get it 2moro try it in car and let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.