Emissions

May have asked this before but car failed its MOT a while ago due to emissions but managed to get a MOT off another garage somehow!

Anyway i want it rectifying so putting it in for a check to see how much it will cost to fix.

The readings that failed were:

Fast Idle Test:

CO

Max limit: 0.300

Actual value: 0.686

Lambda

max limit 1.030

Actual value: 1.048

Second Fast Ilde Test:

Lamdba

Max Limit: 1.030

Actual Value: 1.033

Means nothing to me but obviously the CO reading is way out, will that and the Lambda setting be related or completely different

Should i be expecting a big bill do you think?

Edited by Mybootdontopen

Oil temp makes no odds. Its the temp of the cat that matters its got to be bloody hot before its starts to work. So a good thrash wont do it if its gonna sit there for 20 mins before the test. The lambda can be a blow on the exhaust or the lambda sensor at fault. You can take it out an clean it also a common fault with lambda sensors it a bab earth wire so check the plug termanals are clean. Also loooking at those readings there from the fast pass test. After the first test the tester should do a longer warm up test this also gives a more accurate reading for the type of car on test in other words it alters the values in the gas tester to meet with your celica wich could be higher than that of the fast pass test. Other thing that can cause high co readings are, poor oil, dirty air filter, oil in the cat, Cat may be past its best, (Bad plugs, leads ets cause high HC levels due to unburnt fuel. Hope this helps. Chris

I must say the tester needs to input the correct engine type 3sge etc to get it right.

Edited by shadow750

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.