A little help.... Door control module?

mill5y

OK, I took a green module out of a 182 part number 85980-20290

IMAG0844.jpg

I was wundering what it does exactly,

so had a google then came across

IMG_3841.jpg

:lol: a blue one... with different part number,

so my guess is the blue would be from a 5 door?? What does the module actually do? Is it for the self lock part because I thought central locking was just a seperate circuit with a relay

A little help

Edited by mill5y

The door control is like an ECU for the door circuit, it basicly takes information from different sensors/switches such as door courtesy, door lock position and the boot and it controls the central locking and the courtesy lights/door open warning light, they are different on various models taking into account if the car has wireless door lock and indeed how many doors.

OK, I took a green module out of a 182 part number 85980-20290

IMAG0844.jpg

I was wundering what it does exactly,

so had a google then came across

IMG_3841.jpg

:lol: a blue one... with different part number,

so my guess is the blue would be from a 5 door?? What does the module actually do? Is it for the self lock part because I thought central locking was just a seperate circuit with a relay

A little help

Slightly off topic but my central lockin has never worked so I found one of these on ebay for 99p (figured it was worth a punt just changing it over see if it made any difference) Where abouts on the car is it found?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.