Improving Steering for Celica GT4 ST185 CS

mini-itx

I realise that my steering is rather "dead" compared to my friend's 2007 impreza. His car is alot more responsive in steering. I am wonder if there is anything that could be done to improve the steering of my car? ARe there any steering racks I could use or modifications? I already have the tower and under brace bars as well as aftermarket suspension.

Thanks.

To improve feel, fit a smaller steering wheel, mine is tiny but makes the car feel fantastic

DSC00260.jpg

If the steering still feels sloppy, it would be worth getting the inner and outer tie rods/rod ends changed, again i had all mine changed (as it was an advisory on the MOT a couple of years ago) and the car feels so much more responsive than it used to

An adjustable rear anti roll bar is always a good choice; I have no problem with the feel of my CS and get plenty of feel through the steering and that’s before the ARB. Have you had all your tracking checked and what set up are you running in the way of suspension and wheels etc? Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.