Little challenge for the Midlands people

Ok heres a rough plan I knocked together.

Click the link below:

My Ideas So Far

Start off at Chase Gate

Then Onto Wall Roman Site

Then Rugely Power Station

Then Brindley Heath in Cannock Chase

Then Blithbury Resovoir

Then Shugbrough Hall

Then Stafford Tech Park

Finishing at Stafford Castle

Works out 41 miles and roughly £12 in fuel.

Obviously this isn't anything set in Stone. Just my ideas to get the ball rolling. Please suggest any places and look on google makes to make is feasible (using the link above)

I feel i've hijacked Canons idea a bit, sorry mate. If you think it's poo then feel free to tell us. :(

Is it too many places?

Edited by Sawyer

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one thing to point out.

This all depends on what time of day you intend on starting this, and also what kind of photos you guys are after, because by the time we have travelled to each location and took photos, then light will soon be disappearing, so if you guys are wanting night shots as well then thats fine with me :(

Anybody have a million candlelight torch btw..... could come in very useful for the night photos if were going for that.

Also are we wanting group car photos or are you guys wanting your cars done individually at each location?

Sorry to get all techy but I'd just like to know what im getting myself into so I can plan for it :wttc:

I think it depends on how many of us go, cause we cant really do 7 indivual shots at each location cause we'll still be there until next week. Unless we decide who wants pics at each location or something.

Ive got a torch at home which is as powerful as a car headlight (Liam called it my portable sun at JAE)

Sorry to get all techy but I'd just like to know what im getting myself into so I can plan for it :wttc:

Upto you mate! Whatever you think is best. As I said mine was just to get ideas flowing. :(

Edited by Sawyer

I think it depends on how many of us go, cause we cant really do 7 indivual shots at each location cause we'll still be there until next week. Unless we decide who wants pics at each location or something.

Ive got a torch at home which is as powerful as a car headlight (Liam called it my portable sun at JAE)

I was gonna suggest that, maybe just have one or two of our cars photographed at a specific location. Everyone bring your torches and yea Dave bring ya flash gun..... I really need to get one of those lol.

Also if all goes to plan weather wise etc, I will not be posting up the pictures as quickly as I did for the mids meet, ( I am currently starting to study a course in professional photography and can hopefully use this event as a good place to get some much better results for you guys and myself, so if I do take a good few days please be patient with me :( )

Edited by Canon4pics

Hi guys this could finally be the oppotunity to meet you all yay! I have a couple of other suggestions...

Tamworth Castle (Dont know how close you can get with a car but worth a shot)

castle_web.jpg

The Moat House Restaurant Tamworth

moathouse.jpg

Also Tamworths Ten pin bowling alley has a subway leading to its car park full of funky graffiti where alot of mags have photographed cars. Seen some of the pics but have none to show sorry,they look amazing though.

You cant get close to Tamworth castle by car as far as I'm aware. I think there are probably too many locations tbh, espescially seeing the amount of people that seem to want in on this one event. We need to pick some definite places we want to go now and then work out the best route, time to start etc etc.

These are the ones I think should definitely be on the route with maybe one or two other places inbetween, but:

Rugeley Power Station

Shugbrough Hall ( Is this place going to be accessible on a sunday?) looks like a great place for photos if it is...

Then Stafford Tech Park (better at night)

I'd rather keep the amount of places down if your wanting good photos as a comeback, as it wont simply be a case of drive to each location, take a couple snaps and move on...... needs a bit more prepping than that lol.

Just my opinion.

Sean il be bringing my camera and tripod aswell so atleast we can get a few more shots having more cameras different angles etc we can get some light painting done aswell. Get everyone running around there cars with torches looking like fools. But atleast the pictures look good because of it at the end lol

couple of examples of my light painting.

DSC01361.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Edited by Dave Poole

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.