MOT failure

Blaine

not suprised i failed but i am suprised what i failed on

1. nearside (insecure and out of focus) headlamp excessively deteriorated so that the light output is severly reduced (1.7.4a)

2. offside headlamp aim too low (1.8)

3. nearside headlamp aim too low (1.8)

4. offside rear (seat back insecure (bolts missing lower hinge fixing)) passenger seat insecure (6.2.3)

5. nearside rear (tread below limit) tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.e.1)

6. front brakes imbalanced (3.7.a.2d)

i can get a tyre 25 quid so thats easy lol

they didnt spot the illegal sunstrip or the illegal window tints, so i got lucky there :thumbs:

any ideas how much that'll cost to fix?

so u need a new headlight some bolts and the front calipers need cleaning up and re greasing?

get in touch with nix or bigb on here they are both in the corporate section on the forum they break cars so can supply you with the bits you need

The front brakes inbalance could be just the caliper sliders need greasing,Or if there siezed i can do you good used calipers...

Passenger seat insecure??could be bolts missing?or worn seat? rear seat just need bolts?(i can supply these)

I dont have a n/s headlamp at the moment..

The front brakes inbalance could be just the caliper sliders need greasing,Or if there siezed i can do you good used calipers...

Passenger seat insecure??could be bolts missing?or worn seat? rear seat just need bolts?(i can supply these)

I dont have a n/s headlamp at the moment..

the seat dont look worn, the garage is gona ring back with a quote for parts and labour

so see the diference and see if its worth the hassle of doing it myself

Seats are dead easy. A couple of years ago on my old Gen 6 GT (bigb1970's car now) I did a complete swap of the front and rear seats, plus door cards, exchanging them for a leather set. The complete operation took less than half an hour.

You'd think they'd just align the headlights, though if one needs replaced (is the reflector corroded or something?) then fair enough.

No excuse for putting a car in for MoT with baldy tyres, though - silliness on your part.

Brake imbalance, if you're lucky, can be brought into limits by greasing up the calipers and making sure they work. You can do that yourself pretty easily.

It'll be interesting to hear the garage's quote for the work, seeing as it's probably about 2 hours labour and a couple of bolts worth. If your headlamp is ahagged, look for a second hand one.

Angus

You'd think they'd just align the headlights, though if one needs replaced (is the reflector corroded or something?) then fair enough.

No excuse for putting a car in for MoT with baldy tyres, though - silliness on your part.

Brake imbalance, if you're lucky, can be brought into limits by greasing up the calipers and making sure they work. You can do that yourself pretty easily.

It'll be interesting to hear the garage's quote for the work, seeing as it's probably about 2 hours labour and a couple of bolts worth. If your headlamp is ahagged, look for a second hand one.

Angus

i put new tyres on bout a month ago, well, partly worns, but still shuldnt b bald already

i went to newport transport btw

Minimum of 1.6mm of tread across the tyre, if your tracking is out this can kill your tyres very quickly and so can the wrong camber by lowered springs.

Your brakes will probably be sorted with a good brake service; did they give you a print out from the Roller Brake Tester? This will tell you where your problems are. Dorris

Edited by Dorris

Minimum of 1.6mm of tread across the tyre, if your tracking is out this can kill your tyres very quickly and so can the wrong camber by lowered springs.

Your brakes will probably be sorted with a good brake service; did they give you a print out from the Roller Brake Tester? This will tell you where your problems are. Dorris

no, they just gave me a sheet saying what i failed on and the same but in welsh

Have you checked the tyre yourself? What thread did you buy them at? The most expensive thing sounds like the tyre....

With the light output is severly reduced try and change the bulb... b. They measure the output accurately. An old bulb may be dull to the machine if your headlights are cloudy give them a good clean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.