Android OBD II Scanner

fieldy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair do's, but $49.99? Or Rev for $39.99? Compared to Torques £2.95? Ouch!

Why havent we had any iPhone folks doing this yet if the apps etc are there? :?

You can download dash command for free from installeous if you have jail broken your IPhone if u haven't jailbroken it let me know and I will tell u how to do an untethered jailbreak for free but it won't jailbreak version 4.2 or above

Fair do's, but $49.99? Or Rev for $39.99? Compared to Torques £2.95? Ouch!

Why havent we had any iPhone folks doing this yet if the apps etc are there? :?

There is a free app on the app store for iPhones/ iPad/ itouch it's called logworks mobile

interesting, will this work on my 1993/94 Gen 6 as it says OBDII is Toyota 1996+ but the Gen 6 was the same from 93/94 till 99 wasn't it?

No, afaik only late models have OBDII

Not sure if you can get a conversion cable though, if that would work...?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my OBD adaptor FINALLY! only took 2 delivery attempts and 2 months ish!

Anyway, used the app today and works perfectly! Scans your codes if you have any, mine was clean of course!

The displays are great, all very functional, got things like voltage, 0-60 times, mpg etc... havent had a drive with it yet as I was a bit concerned that when the OBD adaptor was plugged in the abs light kept flashing on the dash, is this supposed to happen (does this happen with every obd scanner?)

you need to be careful with cheap scanners they can damage you management system in the car :lol:

they are good though but most cheap scanners don't even pick most faults up!

not something you wanna skip on in my book.

just my thoughts

you need to be careful with cheap scanners they can damage you management system in the car :lol:

they are good though but most cheap scanners don't even pick most faults up!

not something you wanna skip on in my book.

just my thoughts

Couldn't agree with you more and I always usually spend that little bit more, to get something better.

In this case, I was under the impression the software on my phone would do the most work, as the adaptor is just an interface?

I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update - It was the same one, and I bought Fieldys surplus from him. Got it connected pretty easily, being an idiot at first it was just saying "Paired but not connected" and I couldnt get it going, then after 10mins of fiddling/googling I went into the settings of Torque and then 'Devices' and selected it from there.

It does disconnect sometimes, but it quickly sorts itself out, Im sure it will be ironed out the more I use it to tweak settings and when updates etc come out. Other than, really good bit of kit, has ALOT of options on the paid version of Torque, including colour tweaking options. Not yet used it on anything other than the celica but will do :(

The seller ( http://shop.ebay.co.uk/auctionage/m.html ) doesnt seem to have any at the moment? The code though is ELM327 (OBD2 of course) if you want to look elsewhere, if you want the exact model heres the pic of the original listing;

tbx541b.jpg

tbx542b.jpg

Edited by Chris CW

• 1 month later...

Got my OBD adaptor FINALLY! only took 2 delivery attempts and 2 months ish!

Anyway, used the app today and works perfectly! Scans your codes if you have any, mine was clean of course!

The displays are great, all very functional, got things like

voltage, 0-60 times, mpg etc... havent had a drive with it

yet as I was a bit concerned that when the OBD adaptor

was plugged in the abs light kept flashing on the dash, is

this supposed to happen (does this happen with every obd

scanner?)

Hi what app are you running on the I phone?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.