Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
A Senna

?Does my car have a remote keyfob

Question

Hi all,

My car never came with a remote C/Locking fob and was just wondering if the car has it fitted as standard on a 1996 N?

I know my old Carina E Gti had one on and that was a 1994.

Cheers

11 answers to this question

as far as im aware an immobiliser with remote central locking was standard on a '96 UK GT, if its an import remote central locking was an optional extra.

The early UK gen 6 came with a Scorpion alarm, these had reliability problems so people got them removed. The later Gen 6 had a Toyota alarm unit and new remotes can be programed in.

Hi all,

My car never came with a remote C/Locking fob and was just wondering if the car has it fitted as standard on a 1996 N?

I know my old Carina E Gti had one on and that was a 1994.

Cheers

I have 3 1996 Gen 6 GT remote fobs but no Gen 6 Celica.

You are in a better position!

Dont know about that flyby, had my share of probs with it the past month :cry:

mine is the 1st of the facelift gen6 on a N plate UK spec, so Im guessing it has the Toybota alarm fitted? :shrug:

Yes it would have standard toyota alarm fitted , you probably have the two sensors attached to the windscreen pillars? I think Nix sometimes has spare fobs which you need to go through a sequence with to programme to yours (thats assuming yours is still connected and working)

Hmmm someone did , i remember seeing something about it but i dont know where to find it. Have a feeling Nix might know, i may be wrong though

1996 onwards you should have a the 2 button toyota fob

nix should be able to hook you up with one and then you can program it in

It is in the PDF settings guide I emailed you.

Hello mate,

Are you able to send me the PDF? I bought 2 fobs from Nick and my main dealer have just told me they can't be programmed! Also, do you know where the CCU is located? Main dealer seem to think it's been removed but when I lock the doors the LED on the centre console flashes so he thinks it maybe is still there but has had the alarm decomissioned. Talk about confused!! :blink:

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this