HELP EMERGENCY !

cuchilo

Hey guys just changed battery on my prefacelift Gen6 and the alarm/immobiliser won't reset ... i tried all the solutions i could find on here and nothing works ..... the keyfob is a little black box with a red button on the left and black on the right any ideas .... i could really use the help guys as i need the car back ASAP and aint got a clue what to do

You need to do this.

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal

2. Turn key in ignition to acc 3 position i.e so dash would light up if battery was connected

3. Wait till at least 30 seconds has elapsed since disconnecting the battery then reconnect the negative terminal.

4. Once reconnected press and hold both alarm buttons till the indicators flash.

Edited by LeighV6

Thanks for the quick reply but that solution is for the facelift model with the teardrop remote.

Dave

You need to do this.

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal

2. Turn key in ignition to acc 3 position i.e so dash would light up if battery was connected

3. Wait till at least 30 seconds has elapsed since disconnecting the battery then reconnect the negative terminal.

4. Once reconnected press and hold both alarm buttons till the indicators flash.

thanks will try this now

well tried that and not working .... gettin pissed off now ... i have taken glove box out and i think i found the control unit for the alarm ... i pulled a fuse that has stopped the lights flashing and lets me turn the engine over but it still won't start .... it either stops the power to coil or fuelpump so stuck now .... could do with knowing which other fuse disables this function or which wire to cut.... any ideas?

Edited by cuchilo

Wahoo! Sorted it! .... found the fuse that turned the flasher, siren and elecronic inhibitetor, then removed the cable group that entered the control boxes fo the alarm/immobiliser .... hey presto car starts first time .. Just need to check everything works before I reassemble the glovebox and trim.

Edited by cuchilo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.