One of those 'What's it worth' posts

Hi guys,

I'll start by apologising for this post, it genuinely is a bit of a 'what's my car worth' post.

The reason I ask is because I've not sold a Gen 6 is many years, think my last one sold in 2014. At that point, the prices were a lot lower and there were many more available. I have tried comparing mine to others for sale but I honestly don't know what I should be asking for it. I paid £1400 for it last summer and it had been 'modified' in a non-tasteful manner. Since I took ownership of it I have spent a lot of time and money putting the car as right as I can, I really want to see the car live on with a good owner and {preferably} stay in the club. I know you never get your money back with these things but I just wanted to give the car a new lease of life.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, the car's current situation is this...

UK Model GT

New Cambelt and Water Pump

New Alternator

New Battery

New Thermostat

Recent Oil and Filter, Air Filter and Spark Plugs

Cleaned throttle body and IACV and replaced gaskets

New Fuel Filler Neck

I've also done a lot of de-modding and taking things back to an original (or as close to) as possible. The bodywork isn't great and could do with some TLC. Usual surface corrosion underneath but nothing major.

It has just over 11 months MOT and just hit 190,000 miles.

The only mechanical issue left with it is that on a long drive, the temperature needle will rise to red (usually under load/up hill) and when it reaches red, will drop back down and then hover between 'normal' and red but never actually overheating properly.

Apologies again for the nature (and length) of this post, I'm actually more interested in finding the right buyer for the car than I am the price but at the same time, I do need a starting point for an asking price without asking too much. I'm also not really sure where to sell it as I've had some issues with people on eBay in the past.

Any help or advise as always is much appreciated.

Cheers :thumbs:

Edited by N-Seven

2 hours ago, Xanadu said:

I was a bit disappointed with the auction end price. Thought you would have got £1,300 at least!

Me too. I paid more for it in the first place and spent a year doing lots of work to it. Someone has got a bargain. I'm just more disappointed it's not staying in the club but hopefully the new owner will keep it going for years to come.

• Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.