For the technical minded-gen 7 ecu

cipprio

Never mind..there's plenty of thing I've thrown then wish I'd kept...lol engine still over the place so somethings not reading right.

I'll have Google about and see if ur ready will do it.

Edited by cipprio

If you've got a sensor on the way out, O2 for example, the car will keep reading the weird codes for a wee while before it goes "aye, sod this for a game of soldiers"

Check any codes first would be my advice and if your lambda is more than ten years old it's probably not a bad time to replace it anyway.

Spelling errors caused by me not giving a toss

If you've got a sensor on the way out, O2 for example, the car will keep reading the weird codes for a wee while before it goes "aye, sod this for a game of soldiers"

Check any codes first would be my advice and if your lambda is more than ten years old it's probably not a bad time to replace it anyway.

After talking to a few people ur would point to the lambda. I'm not getting any error codes but it could be just working within it's range but not well. Think it might be worth me changing it as the car has done 85k now and 13 years old. Edited by cipprio

Mines has been okay but I swapped it out last week as the tuner saw it was a but sluggish.

Margaret's TF though would run for a while then when the fuel trims were too far out it would start to play up. With her car I disconnected it and put the car into some programme where it just averaged out values and it ran better until I swapped it.

Not a clue if that would work on a Celica though.

Think I'll just order a new one it won't do any harm and will rule out if it's the lambda that's causing problems. I still keep remembering back to my mot when on the emissions it only just came in a few seconds from the end of the test.

I remember AMS (I think) saying there's no point in skimping on sensors since they last so long - best to go Denso or similar "proper" brand. Hopefully that's not too paraphrased, he was talking about lambdas but I assume same applies.

I remember AMS (I think) saying there's no point in skimping on sensors since they last so long - best to go Denso or similar "proper" brand. Hopefully that's not too paraphrased, he was talking about lambdas but I assume same applies.

The guess denso have to be better than after-market as they recommend to replace after 80k. Thats a lot of work that sensor has to do over the years.

The guess denso have to be better than after-market as they recommend to replace after 80k. Thats a lot of work that sensor has to do over the years.

Not worth skimping on it. You'll probably not have to buy another one.

Not worth skimping on it. You'll probably not have to buy another one.

Too true. Looking at an engine conversion next year but at the moment the 140 seems pretty solid except for this little fueling problem.

Left work this evening and the engine ran great. It's was 19 degrees out when I started the engine. This morning it ran rough and was only about 6. I think the problem is when the engines cold and the outside temp is down the ecu etc tells the engine to rich. It's so bad that putting my foot down in 3rd at about 3000rpm the car just lacks any power and takes a lifetime to get to around 6000rpm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.