Flippin' Apex'i tuning woes

Just need to get this off my chest for the moment

I got the Apex'i tuned a couple of weeks ago and apparently it was a bit all over the place. It was definitely running far too rich on WOT at 10.1. Fine, it was good to have a bit of confidence in the tune on the ECU but then it started cutting out when warm but not hot. However the AFR meter had nice stable 14.7 readings on an even pedal which showed me that it was running fine on closed loop.

So, back to the tuner who says that for some reason it started going really lean between 50 and 60 degrees, which he says he fixed. He also noted the oxygen sensor was a bit sluggish, and at 130K miles old I figured I should change it anyway. So I did that (thanks ams) and the car stopped cutting out - hooray!

So the car is actually running great, compared to before the initial tune I can feel a smoother power delivery (I'm not going to pretend I felt every BHP extra as I'm not Lewis Hamilton!) but the AFR meter is now a bit erratic. I think the 10.1 AFR readings at WOT had clogged it up a bit so I replaced the sensor as well today, only to find it is actually either running rich or it is the meter itself which is goosed.

So I'm away back to the tuner later this week to get it booked back in to get checked out.

i'm starting to get a little bit peeved as you can imagine!!!!

Anyway, thanks for listening, I do feel better now and I'm away to get my medication!

A'PEXi SAFC or Power FC. What car is it on, and what mods is it supporting?

Its a Power FC on a 140 Gen 7 with a Pipercross panel filter and a Powerflo Exhaust. Nothing too complex as yet but I have a NOS kit for this summer and intentions of boost in the next couple of years so I need a tuner I am happy with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.