Oohh noooo alloys

Well today I decided to try and put Celica in garage. It won't fit...

In doing so I nicked my alloys against next doors tiny little bit of raised drain.

ahuzynyj.jpg

From more than 4ft away u can't notice but it needs sorting. I was thinking sandpaper from like 1000 to 2000 then polish with my Da. This the best option or do I get them done pro?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

if its through to the metal I would get a tin of etching primer and a touch up pen kit from your local Halfords .

spray a little etching primer in the lid and use a small brush to apply the etching primer to the area .

let it dry for a few hours then carefully wet and dry with 1500 grade .

Apply touch up pen and wet and dry with 2000 grade between coats to get a smooth finish and let that harden for a couple of days then very carefully polish top coat up .

That's what I did on my alloys and it not noticeable now .

Though the first few attempts didn't work as I didn't use etching primer and the touch up paint wouldn't adhere to the alloy .

Etching primer even though there polished metal?

9u6uvypu.jpg

Job so far 2 hours work and I've almost got them back. The random guy walking past couldn't see where I've been working but it's still needing polishing

I know there's more further down. I'm sectioning it to make me feel better lol

Etching primer even though there polished metal?

9u6uvypu.jpg

Job so far 2 hours work and I've almost got them back. The random guy walking past couldn't see where I've been working but it's still needing polishing

I know there's more further down. I'm sectioning it to make me feel better lol

couldn't tell on the original pic they were polished . looking good tho now :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.