coolant level

wilo

Just noticed another thread about coolant and it reminded me...

How do I check the level of coolant on my gen 6 ?

On my pug it was easy as there was indication marks on the filler point but on the celica I cant see any markings what so ever .

There is also a Max-Min mark on the overflow/expansion bottle down the side of the rad under the battery. Though I find the only way to read the level is to put a torch under the bottle and shine the light up through it. This illuminates the fluid inside and allows you to see where the level is at.

And its worth pulling the cap off the expansion bottle and pulling out the hose to see what sort of colour the coolant is looking. Should be a nice pinky red colour. If its anything else get it changed for some proper Toyota long life Red coolant ASAP. Bout £25 a bottle direct from Mr T and a 20-30 minute easy job to do yourself :thumbs:

Edited by Black Knight

There is also a Max-Min mark on the overflow/expansion bottle down the side of the rad under the battery. Though I find the only way to read the level is to put a torch under the bottle and shine the light up through it. This illuminates the fluid inside and allows you to see where the level is at.

And its worth pulling the cap off the expansion bottle and pulling out the hose to see what sort of colour the coolant is looking. Should be a nice pinky red colour. If its anything else get it changed for some proper Toyota long life Red coolant ASAP. Bout £25 a bottle direct from Mr T and a 20-30 minute easy job to do yourself :thumbs:

cheers pal , just been speaking to 25th and it looks like im in need of a rad too as mine is very brown in colour and theres rust on some of the fins

just checked coolant and the fluid is very clear and right to the top of the rad although the inside of the rad is coated in rust .

thought the fluid was yellow at first as the inside of the rad is just rust coloured .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.