Osram Nightbreakers vs Phillips Extreme

Fitted the pop ups on my gen4 with Nightbreakers,a world away from the crappy OEM jobs.Couldn't comment on the Philips TBH but yeah id recommend the others for sure

Halogens should never be better than HID's. Either they were faulty or simply because 8000k's aren't the best of light output, they're more colour than anything. 4300k and 5000k will be the best, anything above is just blue.

I've ran Osram Nightbreakers and Phillips Extreme bulbs, as soon as I upgraded to 4300k HID's (OEM choice for Mercedes, BMW, etc), the difference was outstanding.

But then with the Gen 6's reflector headlights, you can't really run HID's so I suppose Nightbreakers would be the best bet :)

• Like 1

I just got a set today, will give my verdict later see how they are at night, they don't look that much whiter than the halogens though :(

Osrams are halogens matey, unless you're talking about HID's?

Osrams aren't supposed to be white, just bright. Phillips are supposed to be a little whiter but not as bright, and HID 4300K to 5000K are very white and bright.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.