Help needed, hit and run while parked...

Bad news that mate,accidents happen but it's infuriating when they do a runner. Have any of your neighbours got CCTV,might be worth asking round to see if they have picked anything up.

Hi Bob, unfortunatly no cctv coverage of any sort in this area........ :(

Yup ... re reading my post I nominate myself for douchebag of the day :D

I meant that he will have to pay his excess.

Not forgetting the premium increase.

My NCB is protected but my excess is £300 so im gonna shop around for quotes......

will keep you updated........................thanks for all kind replys..... :)

Edited by Tony47

:o oh... i see what you mean i didnt notice this thread before. sorry to hear about this its a real shame, as some have said remove your rear door cards and see how much of it you can pus out (you might be surprised) hope you get it sorted mate

Christ, gutted mate :(

My 2p for what its worth.....

Bodywork costs a small fortune to be done properly, get some quotes to see first. If it's within your budget then just get it repaired, as said earlier you could push most of it out (work from outside to centre).

If it's too much to spend on the repair for what you paid for the car, cut your losses and see what the insurance will pay out for it as I very much doubt they would pay for a repair. Take your wheels off etc and find spend £50 on standard rims and interior.

Shit,that sucks mate. :( Had a similar dint in GT a few years back when a 4x4 backed out in full lock in tescos car park(wanker did one,no note).Local body shop repaired it and made a really good job,you cant tell there was a dint there!Cost me £250 though :angry:

Shit,that sucks mate. :( Had a similar dint in GT a few years back when a 4x4 backed out in full lock in tescos car park(wanker did one,no note).Local body shop repaired it and made a really good job,you cant tell there was a dint there!Cost me £250 though :angry:

Cheers bud, had arranged with my son to come round today and put that boot and spoiler that you gave me as well ,who did you use fore your bodywork ?.......

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear dude. My sister had a familiar story, she parked in my usual parking slot on a side road since i was working away from home, and some asshole drove into her car so badly, her car moved a whole car space back and blocked my neighbour driveway. We knew exactly who it was but the police did fuck all about it. we even had a part of the vehicle grill on the floor, and the car was actually parked 20 meters away. It belonged to a bunch of inbreds..... police called, requested forensic, and they didn't do anything about it, saying it cost too much for something too little. In the end, we had to bite the bullet and put it thru insurance claim... and those c***s got away with it, and moved away 3 weeks later.... As c*ntish as it may sound... if you do hit someone.... just drive off since alot of people will do the same to you... and when it happens..... just gotta repair it and dont place your hopes on the police assisting you. Thats my personal opinions of the police since moving to bristol, i had 3 accidents and 1 which is a hit and run. They did nothing about the situation.

I hope you can sort it out asap and better luck next time

That really sucks! It's not just the money, it's all the time that has gone into it that can never be replaced.

My brother spent 2 years and a whole shedload of cash turning a 3.6 cabiolet xjs into a race spec v12 with bespoke gearbox brakes, the lot. A month after the project was finished we went to Spain for a week they broke into his garage and nicked it. Clearly the work of a "Friend" as they took out all the deckchairs and had a party in the rear garden knowing he was away. There are some not very nice people about! He emigrated. Strange that.

I would check at your local super markets who do deliveries, ask around on the street to see if anyone has had any parcels delivered too, and if so - which companies? Contact local parcel deliveries - and even the local Royal Mail depot - and ask if any vehicles have come in with damages. It DOES look like something with a higher end has hit it due to the position on the panel... so it might be worth trying to find it. These delivery guys are always banging stuff (i used to work at UK Mail) and just driving off!

Edited by vvtirob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.