Repair and respray fiberglass skirts

Hi guys, needing some advice regarding fiberglass trd replica sideskirts. I originally bought them from Cravo as a sort of "project" and have finally decided I need to do something with them now. Pics of them can be found in the original for sale thread here http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/143558-gen-7-trd-replica-skirts-c-one-replica-scoop/

But just after some advice as Ive always found it too easy to pay out for getting things onto the car and really want to atleast try these myself. They do need some repair in places so Im guessing I will need a fiberglass repair kit amongst other things. Obviously due to my car being chilli red I will need to remove the yellow and repaint them. So just wondering if anyone has got a step by step or any advice really?

Thanks

Alex

Thing is with Body kits mate is its sometimes best to pay someone to put them on, you can end up making your motor look like a polished turd! I would recommend RT performance, they look after us celica club folk and if your mini project went wrong you could end up paying more to have it put right again anyway ;)

On the other hand, if you are insistent on giving it a try, then youtube is your friend, I did some fiberglass work on a couple of bits I have in my garage and they turned out really good, but I did spend many many hours studying and practicing and even then I was not happy with it.

Edited by RoryK

Thing is with Body kits mate is its sometimes best to pay someone to put them on, you can end up making your motor look like a polished turd! I would recommend RT performance, they look after us celica club folk and if your mini project went wrong you could end up paying more to have it put right again anyway ;)

On the other hand, if you are insistent on giving it a try, then youtube is your friend, I did some fiberglass work on a couple of bits I have in my garage and they turned out really good, but I did spend many many hours studying and practicing and even then I was not happy with it.

Couldn't be more right mate, but I have the same approach as Alex, I want to try things for myself and I like to think I can be practical with my hands if I follow a guide or watch someone else do it... And the sense of achievement and satisfaction if it goes well... If not then, then its all a learning curve... I gave fiberglass and filler a go back in November and it turned out better than I expected it to, but not as good as I hoped so gonna try and improve it in the summer...

Photo871_zps4e5f78ce.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.