Gearbox issues

kittii13

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it only says first uk reg date? so i know nothing before 1999?

Correct, like I said I doubt a Toyota dealership would know what day she came out the factory. (unless you find the original plate out and phone one in japan)

While if you had a UK one they could tell you when and where it was made prob down to the second, and prob tell you the name of the guy that parked it im Mr Ts carpark

Edited by Ghoulscout

Correct, like I said I doubt a Toyota dealership would know what day she came out the factory. (unless you find the original plate out and phone one in japan)

oh ok. i was just wondering as the date of the clutch compatibility is so precise, surely if it was all 1990 celicas it would say from 01 1990. shall i just shut up and go back to sleep? lol

Dont get age of car confussed with date of first reg, Biggys breaker was on an "M" plate, nearly two years after they stopped making them. It was prob sat around the back of Mr Ts collecting dust until somebody handed over some cash for the first time to buy it. Also I bet there are gen 5s on here registered before our 4

and dont worry about it, Mr T never made a torque converter (auto version of a clutch) that was made to fit a gen 6 import manual engine to a gen 5 UK auto gearbox

Edited by Ghoulscout

Dont get age of car confussed with date of first reg, Biggys breaker was on an "M" plate, nearly two years after they stopped making them. It was prob sat around the back of Mr Ts collecting dust until somebody handed over some cash for the first time to buy it. Also I bet there are gen 5s on here registered before our 4

and dont worry about it, Mr T never made a torque converter (auto version of a clutch) that was made to fit a gen 6 import manual engine to a gen 5 UK auto gearbox

ok, now get ur arse home

you might be able to get the original date of manufacture from the chassis number from toyota

oh by the way if you check out that sports clutch again they actually say it will fit from 10-89 to 5-94 so if that is right then it covers both pre and post face so a few months in the date or a year should make any difference on others

i have used them before and never had a problem with them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.