split cv boot kits

mikca01

i need to do the inner cv boot for the mot. only thing i have left to do. will one of the split cv boot kits still pass an mot? i know most places dont sell them now but manage to find one from amazon.

would make life so much easier than having to remove the driveshaft.

cheers mitch

The secret to doing these is cleanliness; make sure the joins of the boot are perfectly clean, de-greased and dry. Once stuck and dry, leave it for a good hour before using it.

If is going to leak it will be at one of the creases of the boot.

The problem is you only have one chance at fitting as once the grease escapes there is no chance of trying to re-glue the join. Dorris

If you can get hold of a stretchy cv boot kit, I'd say use one of them instead of the split kind.

Used 2 on my gt4 & they're brilliant.

They won't last as long as a traditional boot (but then again neither will a split one) but they're so easy to do, it's untrue.

Well worth having to do them a bit more often for the hassle it saves you.

its more that i can stick the split one on at the side of the road mate. getting the driveshaft out of the gearbox in the street with kids and cars about might be interesting. lol. i can usually get into my sisters drive but her man has his l200 and a v8 xr2 in it just now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.