scratch/magic pens any good?

Not sure how bad your scratch is but I've had plenty of both deep and light and I've been removing lots of mine today by wet sanding with 2000. Then using a polishing compound to bring paint back up. I've used touch up pens in the past on other cars but im not into the raised or blotchy look.

Mite be worth a thought.???

If its a dark colour could do a little trick I was taught, with a perminant marker pen colour the scratch in, then with polish polish it back and it will hide the white scratch mark and the polish will remove any over pen on the paint

I've seen a few people on the forum that have used this place:

http://www.paints4u.com/

Sounds like the dodgiest place ever lol (those cash4gold tv adverts spring to mind...) but apparently they make a good range of touch-up kits and paints and do a very good colour-match. They also have a little search engine type thing if you don't know your paint code. I've been thinking of getting one of their touch-up kits for the stone chips on my bonnet, so have not tried them myself yet but they may be worth investigating.

I've seen a few people on the forum that have used this place:

http://www.paints4u.com/

Sounds like the dodgiest place ever lol (those cash4gold tv adverts spring to mind...) but apparently they make a good range of touch-up kits and paints and do a very good colour-match. They also have a little search engine type thing if you don't know your paint code. I've been thinking of getting one of their touch-up kits for the stone chips on my bonnet, so have not tried them myself yet but they may be worth investigating.

cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.