Gen 7 140 expansion tank (odd)

Hi all, Went to RS show yesterday, 1h 45mins travelling there,had great time, 1h 45mins return, got back, no spirited driving,temp gauge normal, didn't check anything no need, went to work this morning, returned home, 26 mile trip on A14 and City center driving, nothing more than any other day, thought i'd better check oil and water tonight, oil ok and then i saw this.

IMG_0284.jpg

I have never seen my expansion tank over full on one side and empty on the other.

Is this normal? I must admit I'm a tad concerned. Any thoughts, Thanks in advance, Chris.

from the heater, leaks things like that openeing the coolent bottle when engine is hot.

top it up , put heaters on max wait untill the fan kicks in and rev the car up and down , keepsing the coolent level beween the lines. then let it cool down and check and top up again if needed that should do the job.

from the heater, leaks things like that openeing the coolent bottle when engine is hot.

top it up , put heaters on max wait untill the fan kicks in and rev the car up and down , keepsing the coolent level beween the lines. then let it cool down and check and top up again if needed that should do the job.

That seems to have done the trick, just filled up with water, got the youngest to go out for a spin ( i've had a glass of wine or two) levels back to normal.

I will check again over the next few days just to be sure.

once again cheers guys for your invaluable info, Chris.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.