are gen 7s really that bad?

i think both the gen 7 gt and dc5 are top motors if im honest and i spose i cant really go wrong,but as i say you can pick up a 06 plate gt for same price as a dc5 2001 plate,but i have read that the dc5 is one of if not the best fwd handlein car ever made?

And that engine, I knew a guy at the local Honda dealership, told me that car was on sale for over 6 years before a single engine failed :o Don't know how true? but if it is that's pretty amazing considering they must get ragged.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that engine, I knew a guy at the local Honda dealership, told me that car was on sale for over 6 years before a single engine failed :o Don't know how true? but if it is that's pretty amazing considering they must get ragged.

you talking about a dc5 or another honda? would be nice to stay with toyota tho :( but yer you have to say its something to seroiusly think about

well ive made a choice tonight anyway,and that is its between a dc5 and gen 7 gt,both cars i think i could do the miles in that i need to without kanein my wallet to much on fuel and also have fun in,good all rounders

well ive made a choice tonight anyway,and that is its between a dc5 and gen 7 gt,both cars i think i could do the miles in that i need to without kanein my wallet to much on fuel and also have fun in,good all rounders

so your selling yours then?i would go dc5 ..love the looks and not that common ..

i just dont know how i would feel seein my car drive up the road for last time with someone else in it after all the work ive done and stuff,once its gone its gone,if it was a complete pile of shite i wouldnt give two fucks lol but thats not the case,people always sayin nice stuff about it and how clean it is :shrug: even when i took it to toyota the young mechanic said keep it its nice,sigh! i dont know

Mate i tottally get where your coming from, i only had my car for 5 months and i'm not sure about letting go.

Yours is a really nice example and who cares what the mileage is.

Hey you could always sell it to me and i could pull the engine out and V6 it while using mine as a daily driver. :xmas_biggrin:

ive had this one about 3 years now and am quite attached to it,think id kinda be a bit gutted if i saw it go up the road for last time,however you cant keep a car forever aye,but i just dont know if i should as its a good one aye

Could you take it off the road over the winter, buy a cheap shitter with 6 moths mot to run around in,

pull your engine out and spend less than half GT4 money doing some serious mods ready for spring,

A special six with and engine bay you can see your face in :bowdown:B)

Don't buy 6 moths :lol: Oh where is spell check when you need it

Edited by GTsillycar

Could you take it off the road over the winter, buy a cheap shitter with 6 moths mot to run around in,

pull your engine out and spend less than half GT4 money doing some serious mods ready for spring,

A special six with and engine bay you can see your face in :bowdown:B)

Don't buy 6 moths :lol: Oh where is spell check when you need it

couldnt really afford to do that,but if i did keep mine id do alot more seroius mods,id prob go all out on it,but is it worth it when its only worth about 1500 quid tops

so why aint you doing it then lol must admite you are temptin me with the new engine idea,but even then would i be happy,thing is ive been driving gen 6s for the last 7 maybe 8 years now,maybe im just in need of change i dont know?

I'm not doing it for 2 reasons. I aint had my car long and although i think it's lovely, it don't owe me much.

Secondly and this is the big one. Am i such a great mechanic that i can make a fast Celica better than Toyota with their millions of pounds in research and expirience? Not to mention Rally pedagree and 4 wheel drive.

Answer: Not on your nelly!

Project engine, buy it for pennies drop it in yours. Fensport are running 199bhp out of their 202 with a few head mods. Handling is where you can transform the car, polybush, upgraded anitroll bars, strut braces front and back, good quality adjustable coilovers , and some good tyres :xmas_cool:

I think the DC5 is a great car but they seem overpriced or atleast the DC2's are.

I'm not doing it for 2 reasons. I aint had my car long and although i think it's lovely, it don't owe me much.

Secondly and this is the big one. Am i such a great mechanic that i can make a fast Celica better than Toyota with their millions of pounds in research and expirience? Not to mention Rally pedagree and 4 wheel drive.

Answer: Not on your nelly!

still think you should keep yours tho,ill prob end up keeping mine,just bear in mind the fuel costs cos its quite a big diffrence from the gt,not trying put you off but as i said i had to go back to a gt in the end,just bear it in mind as im sure you are anyway

Project engine, buy it for pennies drop it in yours. Fensport are running 199bhp out of their 202 with a few head mods. Handling is where you can transform the car, polybush, upgraded anitroll bars, strut braces front and back, good quality adjustable coilovers , and some good tyres :xmas_cool:

I think the DC5 is a great car but they seem overpriced or atleast the DC2's are.

i was thinking if i kept it a set off teins and bushes for mega handlein maybe weight reduction also

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.