3m carbon fibre center console wrap

pestey

good moaning all, today is the day i get to wrap my center console in 3m carbon fibre. i've got the console out but now i'm wondering how to fully dismantle every single of my Gen7 console.

i'm sure someone has done it before....... can anyone guide me through pleaseplease.gif

Dismantled and wrapped should be like this

3995d086.jpg

The heater unit obviously is separate. Not on this photo though.

If you have dials like me they pull off. Cc I'm not sure think the front just comes off.

Ashtray is on a clip and so is cubby whole

Clock unit is screwed?

Have fun :) don't forget where clock dome is you need to overlap it

cc98bec7.jpg

;)

Edited by oMIKEYo

Doesn't need sanding. As if you remove the wrap you have nakd your console.

Clean it thoroughly - don't use soapy water as can damage the adhesive of the wrap.

Cig lighter

Remove power leads from it then it twists one way from the back and comes out as a whole :)

Edited by oMIKEYo

my cig lighter dont twist lol, it's got two plastic fins either side of the block where the led light goes into.

was only wondering bout the sanding coz my wrap is sticky on one side, almost like a sticker lol, and it aint that sticky

Wrap is a sticker lol. You need to stick it smooth it heat it etc etc. or you could pay rpsmith to do it for you :P

The cig lighter may be on a plastic bolt. Of there is one, remove it and it will come out from the front.

Be careful wrapping it though as its not as easy as it looks.

Edit: look on the pic I put on of no cig lighter. Notice how there is a space on the bottom of the whole. That's where it twists and comes out :)

Edited by oMIKEYo

there is a metal what looks like a large nut on the very end of the cig lighter undo that & it will just fall out no twisting required :) well i suppose you must twist the nut oh err missus....lol

IMAG0036-2.jpg

Edited by sh3p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.