gt carriers

mikca01

im half way through getting twin pot calipers fitted to my st202 non super strut. anyone any idea where i can get a set of uk gt carriers as i need them before i can get it finished.

getting conflicting info on if i need uk carriers. been told they are the same as i have and been told i need uk ones!

not sure what i need now. valium mite be an idea!!! lol

Edited by mikca01

im half way through getting twin pot calipers fitted to my st202 non super strut. anyone any idea where i can get a set of uk gt carriers as i need them before i can get it finished.

PM nix or bigb1970

both of them should have a set of uk carriers :thumbs:

remember Mondo's car is a 3sfe meaning he had the smaller brakes similar to a uk ST/SR

so he needed the uk GT carriers and the discs to go with in order for him to run the twin pots

your car should in theory have the right carriers, it jsut might need a step back to look at them and see how they fit together

im not sure but where are the slide pins on the calipers? are they part of the caliper or the carrier? reason for the change in the first place was pins are worn on mine and calipers rattle badly on a rough road. that would be every road around where i am.

yeah defo an ss11 first thing i checked when i got it.

Edited by mikca01

If yours is a 3sge then you can definately use your existing carriers.

You just need to take the calipers off the carriers.

You also need to remove the carriers off the twin pots as well.

As has been said, Mondos is a3sfe, so had the smaller carriers fitted which are the same as the UK spec 1.8 so they aren't the right size for the twin pot ones.

im not sure but where are the slide pins on the calipers? are they part of the caliper or the carrier? reason for the change in the first place was pins are worn on mine and calipers rattle badly on a rough road. that would be every road around where i am.

yeah defo an ss11 first thing i checked when i got it.

You should have been able to use your old caliper carriers,but if there no good then you will need a good set..the pins slide in and out of the caliper carriers..

You should have been able to use your old caliper carriers,but if there no good then you will need a good set..the pins slide in and out of the caliper carriers..

i do need carriers then i cant get just pins. fen sport do pins but only for the gt4

do you have a set of carriers mate?

i do need carriers then i cant get just pins. fen sport do pins but only for the gt4

do you have a set of carriers mate?

You could get new pins ,ask Alan cloywn ,i recently got a set from him :) also get new rubbers gators for the sliders so no water gets to them..

I don't have any carriers in stock at the moment..

Edited by bigb1970

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.