Squeaky belt advice

Hi guys,

What is the belt to the left side of the engine as my one is really screaming in the morning and squeaking all the time

Thought it was timing belt but gen 7 has a chain i think

I put up a thread about getting a jolt when lifting off the accelerator so could the belt be the cause

Thanks

I think Kris Silver replaced his recently which cured the squeeling noise for him. Gonna have a pop at doing it myself though as mine sounds like its a cat being strangled on cold mornings or when it has been raining. They cost about 20 quid I believe.

I fully recomend a Gates brand as they are in my opinion the best belts by far, not sure on the price though.

Jolt sounds more like a engine mount, have you had any work like a clutch replaced?

I fully recomend a Gates brand as they are in my opinion the best belts by far, not sure on the price though.

Jolt sounds more like a engine mount, have you had any work like a clutch replaced?

I've had the car 4 months, so had nothing done yet not even a service which i will get soon. The jolt

Is not bad just annoying that it's not smooth when letting off.

Is everyone elses smooth when taking your foot off in second gear at about 3k

Yeah as Rory said, service said is was the "fan belt" (christ how many names/references does it have lol). Wanted £70 fitted.

Bought one on ebay for £20, and paid F1 auto's £20ish to install. Squeaks gone so far.

Avoid Toyota brand, apparently it's looser.

Apply some grease to the belt to clarify if it's the source!

It would be a fan belt on an older engine where it would drive the fan but as the celica has an electric fan we can rule that out ;)

Its called AUX as it drives the auxilaries or an alternator belt, yep you guessed it.

It could be the belt and/or the tensioner.

Apply small amounts of copper grease to the thin edge of the running belt with a brush several times. If the noise goes away its the belt. If it does not, then your tensioner is on its way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.