Loose arse

The car.

Just got back from a sprint down the motorway to Sunny Scunny for a job interview and the car seemed to be wiggling its arse end around in places on the motorway.

Could feel it in the car didnt have to correct it on the steering but there non the less.It is windy out admittedly but didnt think the wind would buffet it about that much so was wondering if these symptoms mean anything like a knackered shocker or something working loose at the back.

Cornered OK a bit wallowy but that could be because I havnt driven it for two weeks as been using the gen 6 and that is lowered so stiffer in the corners.Cheers Shaunwink.gif

Rear trailing arm bushes mine was the same when i bought it years ago!

was going to say the same thing,

mine were replaced last year,

felt like if you hit a bumpy bit of road, or for example hit a cats eye when overtaking, it pulls to one side badly.

Id say get it sorted asap but if not take it easy, i dont think it will get worse.

steering requires two hands and full concentration.

you cant buy standard bushes now, fensports polies are about 50 quid iirc.

was going to say the same thing,

mine were replaced last year,

felt like if you hit a bumpy bit of road, or for example hit a cats eye when overtaking, it pulls to one side badly.

Id say get it sorted asap but if not take it easy, i dont think it will get worse.

steering requires two hands and full concentration.

you cant buy standard bushes now, fensports polies are about 50 quid iirc.

Do you have a linky for these mate.

I am going to have a look tomoz when dry,lift her up and get crow bar in and have a broggle about and check all bolts are tight as wondered if something worked loose after I put shocks on her last yearunsure.gif

Do you have a linky for these mate.

I am going to have a look tomoz when dry,lift her up and get crow bar in and have a broggle about and check all bolts are tight as wondered if something worked loose after I put shocks on her last yearunsure.gif

this is my thread from last year, do the symptoms sound similar?

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=104245&st=0&p=1286549&hl=spongey&fromsearch=1entry1286549

if so, this is what you need

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_12/Category_2/1715

As isaid youre symptoms are identical to what mine were change the trailing arm bushes and it was sorted!

You have to go polibush route though get in touch with the guy on ebay that does them

Right then.

Just been outside and had a look and the o/s/r shocker is leaking and also the o/s/r trailing arm bush makes a knocking sound when i give it a tug so think I may have slowly killed that when I put it back together last year.

So need another shocker and rear bushes or complete arms then rear end tracking up againmad.gif

think i might have the same problem mine tends to hop when i drive over manholes

will get her up on the ramp when its free (dont you just hate it when customers cars take presidence over your own) :lol:

Thats what pays the bills mate im afraidblush.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.