inside engine cleaning

doing some work today , i have the plen off (no i am not doing a dan .....YET!!!! :lol: ) but noticed all that lovely crap that has built up on the inside of the intake tubes over 20 years , i know the best way to clean it is to remove the intake mainfold , but as you know thats quite a major arse of a job , would spraying something like carb clearer direct into it work , or would washing all that shit into the engine course probs , its only oil so it would burn off , i have wiped some of it off with a rag and petrol but as you can imagine there is only so far my chubby little digit will reach

I took mine off to clean it with degreaser, and this was the main factor as to why i fitted my catch can as i was amazed by how much crap there was in the intake

Some people say catch cans are only really needed if you go forced induction, but it can't do any harm to keep all that crap from recirculating into your intake

AO_Pipe_Brush_Set.gif

??

got a bog brush :lol:

the plen , i have sanded inside and then blasted with easy start and it cleaned a treat , but that sits in my shed not just above the injectors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.