ABA sensor broke

Hi all whilst changing a cv gater for Babymaker tonight have hit a problem unbolted the abs sensor to slide the sensor out and it has split off flush with the hub and now the abs light is on. I assume this shouldnt be in two pieces and its sheared, correct me if im wrong please. If im right has anyone any idea on how to remove the rest of it in the hub other than drilling it out. I have a sensor in a hub i changed on the rear, it looks like it may be the same part, again anyone know for definate please. As usual its always at the wrong time as MOT booked on friday am.

Thanks in advance amanda

Thanks for replying brian, am i right that i should be able to just pull the sensor out in an ideal world, if i can avoid taking the driveshaft apart again ( :( ) i will. I still have a sensor in the rear hub i took off and replaced with the one you supplied, and i havnt had a chance to say thanks for all your help with the parts so thankyou. if i can use this sensor i will,

all the best amanda

not sure if you can use the rear sensor ?the fronts are held in with one bolt..

They always break when trying to remove them,thats why i normally sell hubs complete with sensor.if it's snapped of flush the best way is to remove the driveshaft hub end and punch the old sensor through..

Hi again, the issue ive got is that the d/shaft is seized solid in the hub carrier have had to split the shaft behind the hub to change the gaiter, so access to the sensor is going to be a pig, failing this expect a call for another shaft and hub brian thanks amanda

Am cosidering warming the hub up with a gallon of petrol, had enough for tonight am off to bed thanks again will let you know the outcome, if there is a god he might miraculously fix it for me while im asleep :lol: as if

cheers amanda

They reason they seize in is due to rust build up in the hub/abs mount hole, when you finally remove the sensor I would advise that you remove as much of the rust as possible.

The usual way would be shaft removal and smacking the sensor out but it looks like you may have to chissel as much of the sensor away then pick out the copper coils out with a pointy tool, then you will be left with the metal sleave.

As for the sensors the front/rears usually have a different Ohms rating so I would be tempted to get a new one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.