Is this for real?

i bought a manifold from the uk dealer you linked. It was for my mk2 golf gti and was even cheaper than that as it was an auction. The stainless is very good and the welds are exceptional however i couldnt find a single garage who would fit it. In the end i paid a mechanic £200 for it as it took him 2 days! Shouldnt be a problem on celicas tho as they are newer and i assume everything was rusty under the golf making his work hell!

All in all i would definitely recommend the uk dealer however i am told stainess has a lower heat tolerance and the manifold obv gets real hot and there is a risk of the thing cracking. Not sure as to the accuracy of this tho!

so perhaps the cheaper (even after postage) ceramic coated one would be the better option?

Good to hear some good reviews about this lot, was expecting such a nasty report. Probably take it to a customer exhaust fabricators and get them to make me up a flanged decat/sport car system and mate it to the backbox i get (fujitsubo)....all in all shouldnt be more than £900-£1000 for the full system, should free up some horses!

so perhaps the cheaper (even after postage) ceramic coated one would be the better option?

Good to hear some good reviews about this lot, was expecting such a nasty report. Probably take it to a customer exhaust fabricators and get them to make me up a flanged decat/sport car system and mate it to the backbox i get (fujitsubo)....all in all shouldnt be more than £900-£1000 for the full system, should free up some horses!

after looking at the ceramic one tho it does say that it is made from T-304 stainless steel so id double check what its actually made of. Those crazy americans always playing with the english language!

But as i say even if it is stainless i had a very similar one on the golf for 9 months before i sold her and had no probs to report. Also after a couple of months or some long drives it turns that oil slick colour and looks wicked under the bonet (if visible obv).

I did read on a tuning site that the stock system is mega restrictive on the celicas so think ill look into a similar thing.

Stainless manifolds have a habit of cracking at the welds, at that price though may as well just get 2!

Are they easy enough to fit? I am unable to do it myself but dont want to have to fork out loads for labour if a garage fits it.

What difference does one of these actually make? Lol not clued up on engine power tuning haha

Exactly. Untill some sort of before and after dynos i would be scepticle as far as gains are concerned ;)

I'm running the OBX version on my 190SC engine. It is larger than stock and seems to flow nicely, though is thinning that a custom manifold. OBX offer a lifetime guarantee, so if it cracks they have to replace it.

They're not too hard to fit either. The old one can be removed easily if you remove the driveshaft first, as it only takes a couple of hours to change over that way.

It's handy having a mate who is a mechanic! :lol:

Try this link - Celica GT manifold link

Edited by edwardio

guessing you just pop the drive shaft out the box and tie it up outta the way? I'd probs get it all pro fitted up anyway just to be safe

No my guy completely removed the driveshaft. All the bolts for the manifold can be reached without removing anything on the engine to make room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.