will an st202 knock sensor fit an st205?

joe588

I'm getting 13.4mpg and I've lost power. Smells very rich indeed. No codes, plugs and leads are good. Is there anyway to test the coil etc without buying new ones?

Will I be ok fitting an st185 fuel filter to it? I have a brand new one but it's physically bigger but the bolt ends are the same size.

Not too bothered about the fuel consumption, it's just the power I want back

Also, I found some sort of one way valve in the engine bay loose, not attached to anything. it has the part number 90925-01059. Would this have anything to do with it?

9092501059 $44.33 $0.00 $35.46

VALVE, VACUUM TRANSM

ZRdTY.jpg

Edited by joe588

Finally got a code. 52, knock sensor. Bollocks, aren't these a complete arse to change? Is there a guide anywhere?

Also, does this mean the ECU detected excessive knock from a lean mix or does it mean the sensor is knackered?

Edited by joe588

Small guide :P

1. Take drivers side front wheel off

2. Look through the hole where the track rod end comes through and you will see all the gear under the inlet.

3. use the hole to get your arm through and un-bolt the knock sensor. You can miss it, round with a plug onit.

You can also use this as a guide to get to all the tvis on the Gen5's

:D:D:D

Oh and i think the filter is off your inlet, Look to the right of your inlet and you will see 2 small tubes that seem to drop down and round the back of the inlet, You may find this is also why you are losing power so make sure you find where it came from as you might start running week, running week = burnt valves and faooooooked pistons ;)

Does look like a vaccume pipe filter though lol, ive never seen anything like that on a gear box, ill take a pic of mine tomorrow but it is a 185 so not the same really

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.