Respraying car to freshen it up...

Be carefull with bargain resprays. My car was done some time before I got it. I have replaced both bumpers and doors due to paint peeling off. Thought I had it all sorted out until about a month ago a big bit of paint fell off while washing the car.

Turns out when the car was re sprayed who ever did it didn't key the cars body so the paint hasnt stuck very well. Make sure its done right, its a major pain when it's not.

Its not getting a full respray - its getting freshened up. I.e. flattened down and resprayed with chilli red to freshen the car up. Fixing all the stone chips.etc.etc.

My celica definately does not have lacquer, ive been told before that chilli red does not use lacquer, something like its 2k base coat or something like that??

Anyway yeah he's really good, got all the proper spray guns and compressor.etc. Really amazing with cars or anything diy. Im sure he would do paint jobs cash in hand, said he would before. He is a real perfectionist as well. Really knows his stuff!

As for a colour change, i would do a special yellow colour or something. Theres a wrapping place near here that omikeyo recommended for £850 full wrap if i wanted that.

So is it worth asking if he will lacquer the car after spraying it? Though the car will probably need a trip to the lcoal detailer after the paint spray anyway to perfect it out. So maybe lacquer straight away isnt a good idea :/

Mate every car is lacquered otherwise it would look dull and wouldn't polish up or wax. your sig pic is shiney, that clear shine on your car is lacquer, and thats what gives the paint its protection, otherwise the daily elements would make your car rust like crazy.

2nd if your gonna respray your car a completely different colour, unless you plan on stripping the engine bay and all of the interior and doing the full works its pointless, because as soon as you open your bonnet or doors it will still be red and imo look stupid.

Edited by Canon4pics

My mate put rainbow flake on hid black bonnet and roof, in dull weather it just looks black but in the sun it looks awesome but that is only on parts of his car, the rest is purl white and it works really well

Why not get a picture of your car up and ask some people to Photoshop it different colours for you

Mate every car is lacquered otherwise it would look dull and wouldn't polish up or wax. your sig pic is shiney, that clear shine on your car is lacquer, and thats what gives the paint its protection, otherwise the daily elements would make your car rust like crazy.

2nd if your gonna respray your car a completely different colour, unless you plan on stripping the engine bay and all of the interior and doing the full works its pointless, because as soon as you open your bonnet or doors it will still be red and imo look stupid.

Go and t cut an area . If the cloth is red then it doesn't have a clear coat. Believe or not it cars do get painted solid colours with the shine incorporated in the colour . And yes, even 2k paint.

. Some more expensive cars have clear over base on flat colours.

Don't listen to what the bloke down halfords says .

I wouldnt be changing the colour, i would keep it chilli red - was just an idea of adding flakes to chilli red lol :)

I swear someone like REWORX told me it doesnt have lacquer? All ive read on here, + The only bit of my car ive noticed with lacquer is the wing mirrors - the rest I havent. Maybe my car is just screwed.

My mate put rainbow flake on hid black bonnet and roof, in dull weather it just looks black but in the sun it looks awesome but that is only on parts of his car, the rest is purl white and it works really well

Why not get a picture of your car up and ask some people to Photoshop it different colours for you

i relly like that idea i may give it a go on mine :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.