new spark plugs

Sho

I received some ngk spark plugs yesterday and I'm going to fit them today after work. Never tried it before but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. It's pretty straight forward though right? And once they're changed, is it advised to reset the ecu?

Yeh straight forward job.

Remove 10mm bolts and clips from plastic rocker cover.

Unplug connection to each coilpack and undo 10mm bolt holding coilpack in and pull from end of spark plug.

Use spark plug socket and long extension and ratchet to undo and carefully remove plug and be careful not to drop anything into the hole.

When re-installing plugs be very careful not to cross thread them.

Refitting is reversal of removal.

HTH

Dave

Edited by gen7nnb

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow morning if it isn't raining! Are the coil packs hard to remove? I don't even know what they are but hey I'll learn from this.

No they are easy mate, just undo the 10mm bolt and gently pull, if I remember rightly you may have to hold something out of the way while you undo one of them but I can't rememeber which. (you'll understand when you see it)

Here's a pic, the coil packs are the little black square bits running through the middle of the engine.

HTH

Hope it goes well.

Dave

Ahh thats great, thanks for your help Dave! I'll try it out tomorrow morning and let you know how I get one. Hope the new spark plugs make a noticeable difference...but doubt they will :P

Thats no problem mate, yeh let me know. Which NGK's did you buy? You probably won't notice a huge amount unless they haven't been changed in ages. But it may surprise you. When I put my iridium NGK's in I noticed an improvement because I hadn't changed them in 2 years and they were getting old.

They seem pretty decent mate. I wouldn't like to say for sure but if there is gonna be a difference it may be less bogging, better responsiveness, possible increase in power but it will be barely noticeable. are you changing you're air filter too?

I guess as long as its healthier for the engine then changing them is good regardless of hardly any difference to performance. I changed my air filter last week, got a K&N panel filter but in all honesty I haven't noticed any difference since changing it.

So tomorrow its going to be, change spark plugs, top up the oil, get out the bloody reverse bulb I managed to drop inside the actual rear light, debadge the VVTI and replace with TRD (which hopefully won't look tacky)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.