Smart Glow fuses...

spree

Hi Peeps,

I am planning on replacing all the mini blade type fuses in my faff with self indicating fuses.

They have an led on top that glows when the fuse blows so you can find the culprit straight away without having to take out any fuses.

I found out about them from an Esprit site.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/Glow_Fuses.html

Has anybody on here tried these yet?

Opinions?

Julian.

Not used them, but they would be allright if they are cheap enough, but otherwise its a bit of an expense to change the fuses on the expectation one might blow and can see it easier. :rolleyes:

BTW Got them LED's today, will let you know how I get on fitting them at the weekend.

I got my first car in 1976, and since then I've often owned more than one car at a time (3 currently) and I reckon that I probably change a fuse, on average, once every eight years? There must be better things to do with your time and money; loose women B)?

Edited by bazz54

I got my first car in 1976, and since then I've often owned more than one car at a time (3 currently) and I reckon that I probably change a fuse, on average, once every eight years? There must be better things to do with your time and money; loose women B)?

If you are concerned with money then stay away from cars! I like to have the best of everything on my car and I personally think these fuses are cool having blown a few in my dash modding antics..

And I have spent way too much on women in the past so why not lavish the car with gifts? She treats me well!

Ive used them before, not replaced all of them, just when fuses have gone before and I got them from maplin they gave me them ...

The ideas good although when the last one blew on the van it didnt light up...only when I was pulling on it to get it out it was flickering on, so defeated the object...

Ive used them before, not replaced all of them, just when fuses have gone before and I got them from maplin they gave me them ...

The ideas good although when the last one blew on the van it didnt light up...only when I was pulling on it to get it out it was flickering on, so defeated the object...

It didn't light up?! Bloody hell lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.