My Saturday

humayun

My staurday started with me going to Homebase (2 mins away from my house) to get the car washed. Lazy I know, but they do a good job for a fiver.

Sods law it rained straight after. I then decided to go and see what was happening at the Goodwood Motor Circuit (again only 2 mins away from my house), as there is usually something happening on saturdays.

It was an MG Track day, not my kind of thing, but some nice motors were there.

I dried my car again with a chamois and took some pics, after which i drove round to the pit side of the track to see some cars up close. It was 11.45 when I heard one of the organisers holler at a few drivers to get in line for the 'Parade Lap'.

I asked him what this meant, it's a lunch time Parade Lap done for charity where all cars are allowed on track (no racing). I was allowed to take part for a £10 donation.

So i went from being a nosey spectator to getting 3 laps on the Goodwood Race Circuit.

I apologise if this has been boring to read, but it made my day :D

And here ar the pics of my car. Enjoy.

306om.jpg

307mc.jpg

308bk.jpg

309bj.jpg

310vi.jpg

311b.jpg

312mr.jpg

313kw.jpg

314by.jpg

315ud.jpg

And a brutal MG that I thought was only a concept?? There were 2 of these, the other was grey

copyof26022011316.jpg

Thanks mate.

I got the springs with the car, not sure, but i'd day about 40mm altho the right hand side of the car looks lower, wheter it is coz i'm heavy, or the fact that the shocks are due to be replaced, i don't know lol.

I do have TRD Coilovers waiting to be fitted, so it will be lower.

I also plan to have the roof done in gloss black, wheels also in gloss black and same again with the rear number plate surround.

Any thoughts.

Thanks mate.

I got the springs with the car, not sure, but i'd day about 40mm altho the right hand side of the car looks lower, wheter it is coz i'm heavy, or the fact that the shocks are due to be replaced, i don't know lol.

I do have TRD Coilovers waiting to be fitted, so it will be lower.

I also plan to have the roof done in gloss black, wheels also in gloss black and same again with the rear number plate surround.

Any thoughts.

Pesonally I'd leave it as it is, White all over looks brilliant. Maybe someone here could photoshop it to see how it would look?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Red Recaro's would be sweet, mega money tho.

I have been in contact with Wrappers De-Lite and defo having the read number plate surround carbon wrapped.

dont do black wheels, white on white ftw, a black roof may look good tho

I do like the wheels in white, i may just get them refurbed in the body colour.

v nice , kindly park it away from mine so mine doesnt look a shit heap :blush:

thought about the same with my interior , had a looksee round at vrs seats and so far nothing , i guess theres time , i was thinking black/silver for the interior as i find red a bit too bright , each to there own mind

My thoughts also....... Looks good fella...

and also the XPower SV, why they never sold loads of them is madness (82 sold), the best MG in years....

v nice , kindly park it away from mine so mine doesnt look a shit heap :blush:

thought about the same with my interior , had a looksee round at vrs seats and so far nothing , i guess theres time , i was thinking black/silver for the interior as i find red a bit too bright , each to there own mind

noooooooo dont spray it , white on white is the best look out there , good result on the race circuit , did everyone wait 2 mins after the pace car set off then trashed around trying to catch it up :lol: normally happens :D

What about these

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?t=p&make=UNIVERSAL&model=&year=&level1=&level2=&level3=&id_product=4509

Got a mate who has some and excellent value - only difference from recaro is the name

Ther are nice seats and good value, i'm sur eIcould get someone to embroider TRD on them.

noooooooo dont spray it , white on white is the best look out there , good result on the race circuit , did everyone wait 2 mins after the pace car set off then trashed around trying to catch it up :lol: normally happens :D

All the cars rolled out at the same time, there were almost 40 cars on the track, so i couldn't give the BEAMS a good thrashing which was a shame. I am now determined to do a proper track day at Goodwood. It would be awsome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.