Catalytic convertors

I dunno what they do exactly but my mechanic thinks it could be fucked which is whats causing my emission problems. Anyway it goes in on Tuesday to find out for definite.

Expensive to replace im guessing and if so is it something i can get off nix or bigb etc second hand?

At the moment I have no 1.8 cats in unfortunatly.

I have got 2.0 litre ones, but they are a different size. I normally sell them for around the 30 pound mark when I have them in.

I may be able to get you one if it end up being the cat though. So just let me know.

At the moment I have no 1.8 cats in unfortunatly.

I have got 2.0 litre ones, but they are a different size. I normally sell them for around the 30 pound mark when I have them in.

I may be able to get you one if it end up being the cat though. So just let me know.

Cheers mate, it expensive to fit em?

it changes the gas from one type of crap to another ever so slightly less crappy , works my a chemical reaction when the cat gets hot , if the gasses dont flow across the internal structure properly then the chemical reaction doesnt happen and polutants start to be pumped out , this can also happen if the cat isnt hot enough when moted

however an mot gas check cant tell you if the cats shagged or not , it can only tell you theres high reading of the bad stuff , its not a done deal that the cat is at fault when you get a high co2 reading , it i9s just as likely to be the lambda sensors turning to shit so the engines over fueling , generally a cat rattles when it starts to break down inside , if its a thousand yrs old then it could also stop working as it should , in other words its fingers crossed its the cat thats shagged

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.