vehicle restoration

mill5y

Howdy folks Been checking out the frost website and just generally looking at stuff saying ooh I need that and ooh that looks handy.....

But, What are the essentials you have in your garages what you wouldnt be without for a restoration???

And Equipment wise, (compressor coming next week and welder a couple more weeks)

I'l be starting the underside so once its all clean and welded can I just por15 over the welds etc or do I need to use something else first?? And does por-15 only come in black? Is it just a case of treat the underbody and paint white using whatever?

I'v been on other forums looking at peoples restoration threads and seeing how theyv done things but some general guidance would be nice :unsure: never done anything like this dnt want to spend a load of cash to realise that Iv done it arse about face and have to do it all again!!

Any decent websites or forum links are too apreciated

Cheers Al

seam sealer

a weld generally looks shite , chances are the metal will also be full of impurities so people in the know use seam sealer , its a special sealer just for welded joints and seams , you do no more than do a line , wet your finger and smear it , the result is 10xs better looking than without , it also paints over without issue or reaction , being honest it will also hide the bird shit poor welds we all so love and do

oh and por 15 comes in a couple of colours

Edited by izzzzythedog

seam sealer

a weld generally looks shite , chances are the metal will also be full of impurities so people in the know use seam sealer , its a special sealer just for welded joints and seams , you do no more than do a line , wet your finger and smear it , the result is 10xs better looking than without , it also paints over without issue or reaction , being honest it will also hide the bird shit poor welds we all so love and do

oh and por 15 comes in a couple of colours

I was looking at seam sealer and thought I'd give it a go so thats now on the list. Clamps and stuff will be invaluable guarenteed to be at a point needing some and dnt have any Stocking up makes sense

cheers guys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.