HID problem - Flickering

Hi guys,

Thought i had a bulb out so installed a new one which turned out to not come on either... So after that i tried another ballast, one from my last celica that i'd kept and then the ballast from the other side. All i got was the bulb flickering like mad (tried 3 different bulbs) and then goes out after about 10+ seconds.

As a remedy (seeing as it wasn't bulb or ballast related) I tried wiring in another earthing lead but that didn't do anything either! :) Anyone know what this could be or how i could treat it? Pain in the butt and I've got to drive down from Nottingham to Exeter tomorrow night.

Thinking of replacing the wires i can get to tomorrow morning but not holding out much hope of that being the key.

Edit: should have mentioned everything is fine on the drivers side headlight.

Edited by Vince Noir

Thanks man, hopefully its not buried deep within the guts of the car!

Edit:

Redone the wiring i can get to, and even added another earth strap from the battery just to make sure that's ok too. Got nothing but flickering and then the bulb going out... and now i think this ballast has been killed too.

With the engine running and the lights turned on the two main beams came on dimly too, not sure what that means but when i disconnect the problem loom they go out - it's as if the car knows when one of the headlights isn't working and putting the main beams on dim as a safety feature :?

No idea what's going on but given it to a garage for a few hours to see if they can fix it.

Edited by Vince Noir

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.