POR - 15 and Protection.

I have used POR15 alot, it sticks well to rusty surfaces or sand blasted surfaces, like glue in fact, but it does not stick well to clean metal surfaces, you then need something called "metal prep and ready", also by PO15. It will stick to painted surfaces, but it only then as good as what you are painting over, and also wont offer the same rust protection, best to start with bare metal. 2 coats about 8 hours apart, you must do 2 coats though, one is not enough.

If you are doing lots of small items over a period of time, buy the 6 pack of small tins, once opened it dosnt last that long and develops a skin which is pretty solid. also DO NOT SHAKE THE TINS.....EVER. and read the instructions very carefully, they are very specific and should be followed to the letter.

There is also a product called "Eastwood Chassis Extreme", now I prefer the Eastwood products that I have tried so far, they seem as good as the POR15 products but are a little more forgiving to apply and use, they are also cheaper. If they are as good long term, only time will tell.

See my build thread for how it looks once applied.

Edited by Insanity-74

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.