Cv joint needed for uk gen 6 gt

GTsillycar

The n/s cv joint is creaking, only when cold but figure it's time to replace it.

Thing is there seems to be a few different ones and a large variation in price.

I know i need one for abs, but can anyone tell me how many Internal or external splines i'm gonna need?

And does this look ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-CELICA-1-8-2-0-1989-1999-OUTER-CV-JOINT-/200673045692?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb90bacbc

splines are all the same on the outers, difference is your uk GT one will have to be ABS specific for the outers and all inners are specific to the gearbox so yours being an s54 will be the same inners as any import with an s54 even a beams ;) as i said all outers have exactly the same splines and even a superstrut cv joint is the same as a macpherson one :D even the CV joint for an outer on the ST is the same as a GT fittment wise

hope the abvoe makes sense :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well it appears that one doesn't fit :(

Slotted in the hub just fine but was to small to slide onto the drive shaft.

So the 1.8's must have smaller diameter shafts, will order up a 2.0 specific joint next time :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.