sunroof rubber

dazzaboy

Same problem, mine does leak! I've been to my local MrT and found that to purchase rubber seal it comes with the perspex sunroof, can't remember how much they quoted me, but i didn't order it, i will have to do something soon, it's only going to get worse i guess.

I've only used my sunroof once or twice in 3 years, i guess it's just perished over time, i've also got a bit of rust on the frame it runs on.

Thanks for pics comment, must get more done soon, i've just had a GT wing fitted so looks a bit different now!

waste of time in this country. when we do get sun ok on tilt but burns down on my bald head & when its hot have the air-con on mine don't leak got no rust i can see. cant you seal with silicon not very permanent though is it. have you got the crazing on the top glass bit as well?

Yeah, i've got crazing, it's the tint wearing off i think,another thing i've got to sort out, along with tinting rear side windows

I'm not completly bald yet, but getting there haha,but still burns my head, thats why it stays shut.

I'm glad you've asked this question as I have the same. Mines slightly raised at the rear passenger side and when I wash the car, I can see it run along the rubber and then run into the raised area. My frame has also started to rust on the hinge on the same side :o My sunroof isn't crazed, it's still perfect but from the sounds of the posts above, I'll have to buy the whole unit to replace it :rolleyes:

I'm glad you've asked this question as I have the same. Mines slightly raised at the rear passenger side and when I wash the car, I can see it run along the rubber and then run into the raised area. My frame has also started to rust on the hinge on the same side :o My sunroof isn't crazed, it's still perfect but from the sounds of the posts above, I'll have to buy the whole unit to replace it :rolleyes:

Check with your local MrT or who ever you deal with first, i'd hate to think i gave you the wrong info, maybe ams on here can help out,he deals with breaking cars, just a thought, send him a pm, you never know. If you do and he can help you, let us know how you get on. :)

my windows tinted when i got car rear screen as well look cool. B)

what about a company that fits sunroofs maybe worth a try?

As said above, maybe ams can help out? I guess he might fit aswell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.