Need help removing mirrors - Gen 6

The loom that goes into mirror also goes into door card - i thought there might have been a plug near the actual mirror housing but there aint.

Also got no idea how to remove door cards so bit stuck.

When i took mine off my car i just chopped the wiring as was putting no adjustable lightweight mirrors on but this is the wifes and im putting some RTP cf mirror cases on.

Pain in the bloody arse - already cut all my bloody fingers

you can change a mirror johny without taking the door card off

but the door card is easy to remove their is a walk through in the wiki and all you need is a screwdriver, then a 10mm bit for the 3 bolts holding the mirror on

Yer ive got the mirror itself off - but i cant remove the wiring so its hanging off the car at mo :lol:

undo the screw at the front top of the door card, and pull it back a bit or you can remove the windo switch and get some skinny arms in to unplug it :thumbs:

Erins got proper bingo wings so that rules her out :lol:

haha :D i can just get away with that with my skinny womens arms but i would just take the door card of to be honest, takes 10 mins

Well i have got them both off - how the hell i fit the cf cases i have no idea.

The 3 screws underneath the mirror are well stuck in even though i soaked em in WD40 hours ago.

Tried to undo em but they are rounding off

Well i have got them both off - how the hell i fit the cf cases i have no idea.

The 3 screws underneath the mirror are well stuck in even though i soaked em in WD40 hours ago.

Tried to undo em but they are rounding off

drill them out and fit some allen bolts, cant mind exactly what ones but once they start rounding you have had it

How much mate ?

I forgot it was there and snapped it when i shut door :lol:

would be a fiver + postage probably a couple of quid on top as they are nice and light

at least you gave me a chuckle snapping it in the door :P

Champion - let me know when you have one and ill sort payment :)

should be going to collect the beams from norfolk in about a week or so so may even be able to meet you somewhere down that way if you fancy a drive :thumbs:

aye could do mate - just depends on what days im working but cant see why not

will be a saturday im heading down as most people seem to be off then, will even bring you a bottle of the ginger necter :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.