Found this at a local Scrappy, Please Save Her

Booth

Once a car has been issued with a Certificate of Destruction (CoD), which it should be as soon as the last Keeper gives it to the scrappy, it's got to be destroyed by law. The scrappy may choose to store it for a while, dismantle and keep bits, etc, but the car must be destroyed before it leaves the premises again (unless taken to another authorised facility for that purpose).

So, you can take as many bits off the car as you like, but you can't remove the car from the yard while it's still identifiable as a car (there is a lot of grey area there!). Trust me, it's my job. ;) Theoretically, you could remove it piece by piece.

I found this in the Aberdeen scrappy a couple of years ago ... someone on here expressed an interest in salvaging it, but there was no way the guy was going to let it out of the yard ... :(

back.gif

Once a car has been issued with a Certificate of Destruction (CoD), which it should be as soon as the last Keeper gives it to the scrappy, it's got to be destroyed by law. The scrappy may choose to store it for a while, dismantle and keep bits, etc, but the car must be destroyed before it leaves the premises again (unless taken to another authorised facility for that purpose). So, you can take as many bits off the car as you like, but you can't remove the car from the yard while it's still identifiable as a car (there is a lot of grey area there!). Trust me, it's my job. ;) Theoretically, you could remove it piece by piece. I found this in the Aberdeen scrappy a couple of years ago ... someone on here expressed an interest in salvaging it, but there was no way the guy was going to let it out of the yard ... :(back.gif
what sort of idiot would run that in for scrap?

Both front wings and the bonnet were covered in surface rust, but I think the wheel was like that because it had been taken off by a customer and just wedged back on. Can't rightly recall now, but I did look at it quite closely at the time (as I say, someone here was quite interested in it) and it seemed not bad in general.

(Who was it again? I forget the username now - lived up by Newcastle/Alnwick, posted a photo of himself dancing in his engine bay once.)

It had been kept in a shed (obviously with the back better covered than the front), owner died, family cleared everything out. Usual story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.